MOSCAD (Motorola SCADA) is the Motorola product specifically designed to the specifications of the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems. Motorola's family of MOSCAD Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) can provide you with turnkey solutions that include a large number of RTUs, versatile control centers, third party smart sensors, IEDs, and virtually any process controller unit. MOSCAD was specifically designed as an expandable SCADA system to help you enhance the performance of your remote installations.
- 68000-based CPU, with both RAM and ROM
- Real-time, internal clock
- RS-232 and RS-485 data ports
- VHF, UHF, and 800 and 900 MHz models are available
- Use of Motorola Data Link Communication (MDLC) Protocol
- MOSCAD Toolbox programs
- Modularity for easy configuration
MOSCAD's modularity allows for system configuration optimization
according to the specific and unique requirements at your particular
site. Our large selection of plug-in I/O modules allows you to
configure each remote site to run the specific applications you
- Dual Functionality
MOSCAD can function as both an RTU and a Programmable Logic Controller
(PLC). If the application loaded into the CPU module is simple,
then MOSCAD functions as an RTU; if the application utilizes a
decision-making code, then MOSCAD functions as a PLC.
- Diverse Connectivity
MOSCAD connects directly to VHF, UHF, 800 and 900 MHz trunked
and conventional radios, Private DataTAC modems, iDEN, TETRA,
GSM, Power Line Carrier Communication (PLCC) modems, Multiple
Address System (MAS) data radios, and Spread Spectrum radios.
Our specialized I/O modules provide connectivity to both digital
and analog sensors.
- Motorola Data Link Communication (MDLC) Protocol
MDLC, a modern and powerful data communications protocol, is based on the International Standards Organization's seven-layer protocol recommendation. It was created to be particularly robust on crowded, shared two-way radio communication circuits. Its seven-layer OSI/ISO compatible structure allows powerful networks functions. MDLC supports:
- Integrated networks with wireline, LAN, and wireless communication
- Monitoring of unsolicited messages
- Synchronous and asynchronous data communication
- RTU-to-RTU communications and RTU links to multiple control
- Multi-session communications, allowing execution of simultaneous
- Store and forward (S&F) and routing data using RTUs
as nodes in the network
- Accurate synchronization and reporting of time-stamped events with 1 ms resolution
The MOSCAD family of RTUs is capable of communications with other
vendors' PLCs, IEDs, and RTUs, by utilizing MODBUS, Allen Bradley
DF/1, and other protocols. MOSCAD allows you to integrate new
SCADA systems or expand existing ones, utilizing your current
communication media, Master Control Center (MCC) software, and
the most suitable data protocol.
- MOSCAD Toolbox Programs
MOSCAD Toolbox programs are a powerful set of tools used for application
program development, to set up and monitor your system, and to
run diagnostic tests.
- Sturdy Enclosures
The MOSCAD RTU is packaged in a rugged housing to withstand harsh outdoor conditions. These enclosures are made from high quality materials such as painted metal, stainless steel, plastic, and fiberglass and are available in three-module and six-module sizes. A rackmount configuration that can be expanded to accommodate up to 67 modules is also available.